Lecturer, Information Technology (Short-term)
Job no: 588614
Work type: Casual/Sessional (Short Term)
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Teaching, Information Technology
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Science & Technology
The School of Science & Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the College of Science, Engineering and Health of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught on the Vietnam campus include the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics) and the Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
The role & key responsibilities
The Lecturer, IT will contribute to the teaching activities at RMIT Vietnam, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The position holder will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University’s research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- Proven teaching proficiency and/or experience with at least ONE (01) of the following areas:
- Software Architecture and Design
- Embedded Systems / Programming Internet of Things
- Real-Time Applications and Systems
- Advanced Programming (in C, C++, Java)
- Recognised research profile including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive salary
- Part-time: hourly rate: VND 760,000 (Lecturer) / VND 610,000 (Associate Lecturer)
- Full-time: monthly salary from VND 88,500,000 gross (Lecturer) / VND 69,000,000 gross (Associate Lecturer)
- Medical insurance for contract duration 3 months and above.
- For HCMC based position, free shuttle bus service to and from campus to D1 and D7 for pick up and drop off (Monday-Friday)
- Free on-site gym facilities in both campuses, plus variety of well being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
JD - Lecturer, IT.docx
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 15 July 2020.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend