Deputy Head of School, School of Communication & Design
Job no: 587669
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Fashion & Textiles, Humanities Arts, Media, Journalism & Communications, Education, Design, Teaching and Research, Associate Dean
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See: https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design
The role & key responsibilities
In close collaboration with the Head of School, the Deputy Head of School leads academic development of the School of Communication and Design, to ensure it achieves sustained viability and strong growth whilst adhering to quality standards and regulatory requirements.
The position provides oversight and guidance for program managers to ensure that the workload allocations and workplans of academics are aligned with the School’s program portfolio, individual career plans and the School’s workforce plan.
The Deputy Head of School promotes the scholarship of learning and teaching and leads innovation in curriculum design and quality learning and enrichment of the overall student experience and outcomes.
As a member of the School Executive, the Deputy Head of School deputizes for the Head of School and represents the School on University Committees and working groups. The incumbent maintains a network of relationships across the University, including with Associate Deans Discipline in the College of Design and Social Context.
Key selection criteria
- Ph.D. or demonstrated equivalence, combined with knowledge and achievements that meet the professorial criteria.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in initiating, leading and managing academic teams and projects in a collegiate environment to deliver strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to act tactically based on organizational priorities and objectives.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to liaise with senior executives and external bodies.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management, academic management and good governance in a University context.
- Demonstrated experience in providing learning and teaching leadership and expertise that contributes to improved student outcomes.
- Substantial record of academic achievement in an area relevant to the School, and the capacity to exercise academic leadership to enhance the standing of the School.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
JD_Deputy Head of School_SCD_February 2020.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on April 26, 2020.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend