Student Engagement & Administrative Officer (HN)
Job no: 585300
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Administration and Executive Support, Student Services
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
This role will ensure the smooth provision of administrative activities required by the Senior Academic English Manager relating to the academic policies and procedures of RMIT Vietnam and English & University Pathways (SEUP). This position has shared responsibility of administration support for the day to day operations of SEUP programs, conducting of Placement Testing and supporting student engagement to provide students with an exceptional experience.
This role is also the main contact point in the SEUP that responds to the general enquiries of current students, parents and members of staff of English for University and Unistart programs. The incumbent will provide information about student progress, attendance, results, materials, advice, complaint or issue resolution and deliver this to a high standard of customer service intended to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Communicate a clear and deep understanding of SEUP products, student processes, policies, procedures and guidelines from SEUP and RMIT Vietnam so that related questions or issues from students or parents can be addressed promptly, accurately and transparently.
- Actively contact current students and parents before, during and after the course regarding attendance issues, At Risk students, missed exams, end of course exclusion, teachers’ feedback, failed students, operational changes, deadlines and other administrative communications.
- Actively contact students who have stopped studying in the SEUP each term to give advice on course re- enrolment to increase retention.
- Maintain frequent and effective communications with RMIT Connect, Student Recruitment & Marketing, Student Admin, and Finance to ensure enrolments, payments, requests or issues from students or parents are processed efficiently and with minimal errors.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for Senior Academic English Manager and Teachers including student related records, regular equipment audits, any problems with facilities and equipment, student results and reports and alike.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to management staff and stakeholders in relation to individual sales targets, enrolment numbers, placement testing, English entry levels, inquiry volumes, variances, challenges and trends whenever required.
- Conduct end of course evaluations and ensure course evaluation reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure all documentation collected from or about students is complete, accurate, unambiguous and in sufficient detail.
- Manage all SEUP assets including but not limited to computers, printers, laptops, tablets at different campuses of RMIT Vietnam to run the English programs.
- Provide and coordinate high quality administrative support to staff, teachers and students of the relevant department including, but not limited to: placement testing, issuing of exam results, management of file systems, student advisement, students and parents’ feedback and complaints, management of administrative resources and teaching materials, translation services, research support, records of internship, and contract preparation.
- Work with local suppliers, prepare contracts, PRs, PVs, memos, and quotations, and liaise with SEUP
- Prepare PVs for staff per diems and reimbursements.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A relevant Bachelor Degree. Bachelor Degree in the major of Sales or Communication is desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience in customer service and administration, preferably in the education industry
- Demonstrate a commitment to service ethics and excellence through the provision of quality service and advice and timely responses.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation, liaison, and cross cultural communication specifically in relation to customer relationship and sales functions.
- Highly organised, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-developed planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and sound knowledge and skills in using database and CRM systems.
- Experience working with a wide range of suppliers, contractors, production houses, and event agencies regarding supplier contract management, performance evaluation and OHS.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from 13,800,000 gross/month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 333,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Potential education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Student Engagement and Administrative Officer (HN) 2020.pdf
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
English proficiency requirements
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5 or Linguaskill 150 (or equivalent, as outlined in the Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding Guidelines). RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a Lingual Skill test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 2nd February 2020.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend