Senior Lecturer, International Business
Job no: 584671
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Economics / Business
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
- Make original contributions in teaching and/or scholarship which expand knowledge or practice within the discipline including: designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Conduct and lead high quality research, recognised at the national level: developing highly successful research teams; managing research projects and programs within timelines and budget and ensuring compliance with quality and reporting requirements; regularly publishing research results in high quality outlets as lead author and in collaboration with other researchers; identifying appropriate funding sources and prepare successful external research funding submissions; supervising higher degree by research candidates.
- Participate in the school strategy development and governance and make a significant contribution to administration activities of an organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area at undergraduate, and postgraduate level.
Key selection criteria
- PhD in international business/management or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- Be able to clearly demonstrate understanding of fields related to international management.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role and to manage a large program or a number of small programs.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Established track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort and manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates
- Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track records in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard local public holidays), plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free shuttle bus service to and from campus to D1 and D7 for pick up and drop off (Monday-Friday)
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0, or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching 'management' focused subjects in a tertiary education environment.
To find out more
For further information click on the documents below:
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
JD_Senior Lecturer-International Business_2019.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 22 January 2020
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend