Lecturer, Finance - multiple roles
Job no: 584520
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Teaching and Research, Accounting, Audit and Finance
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As an internationally recognized Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalized world.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role and responsibilities
The Lecturer, Finance will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, the Lecturer will carry out teaching activities within undergraduate and, potentially, Masters programs to maintain and advance their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer will actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
Key selection criteria
- PhD in Finance or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to areas such as: financial technology, cryptocurrencies, big data and artificial intelligence as evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration within and across campuses.
- Ability to build or demonstrate ability to build, successful networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard VN public holidays) plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight (for expatriates relocating from outside Vietnam) + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- We have 3 Lecturer Finance opportunities available in our Ho Chi Minh City campus; 1 position to commence in Semester 1 (17th February 2020) and 2 positions to commence in Semester 2 (22nd June 2020)
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no band less than 6.5) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching Economics subject in a tertiary education environment.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 5 Feb 2020
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend