Job no: 584168
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Accounting, Audit and Finance
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for efficiently guiding the university stakeholders and vendors through the Source-to-contract process to achieve best practice probity outcomes and the objectives of the approved procurement plan.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for delivering effective and efficient procurement practices. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead sourcing projects, from strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations and business case presentations to supplier contract execution;
- Conduct appropriate market analysis; spend analysis and stakeholder consultation to develop effective market strategies
- Source and execute frame contracts and/or preferred vendor agreements by pooling demand across the University to maximize negotiation power and optimize vendor prices;
- Ensure that the probity associated with the Source-to-contract process is never compromised by paying particular attention to critical paths in the process.
- Negotiate the most appropriate contracts to deliver upon university objectives.
- Ensure that the RMIT legal team is engaged where appropriate in the process to ensure efficiency and quality of outcome.
Procurement Analysis and Reporting
- Ensure procurement reports are generated in a timely manner for monitoring purposes;
- Develop procurement insights to drive cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Use category insights and benchmarking to influence the procurement business processes towards best practice process efficiency and effectiveness;
- Implement and manage a system to monitor performance against key commercial savings, sustainability and supply chain performance indicators.
- Find, evaluate, qualify and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers;
- Create strategic supplier performance scorecards to support supplier performance and contract management;
- Conduct annual performance reviews and analysis for key vendors with a keen focus on operations;
- Optimize the number of vendors based on an efficient supply chain design
- Manage the commercial business relationship with strategic vendors and be the escalation point for poor vendor performance.
Control and Compliance
- Ensure integrity, transparency and compliance across all activities
- Participate as member of the Internal audit team for purchasing activity audits as required;
- Identify and take positive action against actual or potential risks;
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of relevant processes and controls, and raise with Manager if necessary;
- Maintain sustainable procurement practices aligned with leading practice systems, process, policy, financial integrity and probity, protecting the credibility of the central procurement function.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A degree in a relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in a similar role and ideally with experience in procurement for CAPEX (construction, IT equipment) and/or sales and marketing in a large multinational organisation.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in commercial field, with strong profit and loss awareness and track record of developing and delivering sustainable commercial savings.
- Solid experience in strategic sourcing and utilisation of standardised policy and procedure while still ensuring optimum commercial outcomes;
- Effective working relationships in cross-functional teams in matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors at senior management level to deliver sourcing outcomes.
- Strong, demonstrated analytics experience in a large and complex procurement environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detail, analyse data in an organised and objective manner and determine actions based on data analytics and insights gathered, and to develop opportunity assessments from complex data sources.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from 38,000,000 VND gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff's dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Finance_Procurement Specialist_2018 May_PSV7.pdf
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at advanced level (Linguaskill score 170), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a Linguaskill test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 24 November 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend