Administrative Assistant (6-month contract)
Job no: 584120
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Administration and Executive Support
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of English and University Pathways (SEUP)'s Administrative Assistant is responsible for reception and administrative support to RMIT English Program including English for University (EU), Unistart, Teen Explorers, Teen Summer and IELTS Pathway. Activities include, but are not limited to, providing support to students and teachers, contacting parents for student reports, progress and re-enrolment process, liaising with TA Supervisor to provide Teen Program support, and participating in student activities as needed.
1. Class related admin and consultant support (50%):
- Be on duty at Hanoi campus (including in the evening and on weekends) to provide timely support for teachers, students, and Teaching Assistants (when needed).
- Communicate a clear and deep understanding of SEUP products, student processes, policies, procedures and guidelines from SEUP and RMIT University so that related questions or issues from students or parents can be addressed promptly, accurately and transparently.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Student Engagement and Administrative Officer, Senior Manager and Teachers including student related records, administration related to new classes, regular equipment audits, any problems with facilities and equipment, student results, reports, surveys and the like.
- Responsible for all equipment required on courses for students and teachers of the Teens Program.
- Deal with parent’s or student’s questions /issues during working hours.
2. Office related admin support (30%):
- Under supervision of the Student Engagement and Administrative Officer: work with local suppliers for quotations, prepare PRs and PVs.
- Carry out reception work including receiving visitors at the front desk and directing and informing them appropriately. Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Placement Testing support
3. Marketing support (20%):
- Support Marketing and PAs with admin tasks before, during and after events, including contacting parents, booking venues, preparing registration forms, application forms and related documents, and preparing gift sets.
- Participate in marketing events and placement testing sessions
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A relevant degree.
- Experience in administrative work and customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive and difficult situations in a professional and diplomatic manner, at all times.
- Ability to work independently as well as to work flexibly and effectively as a member of a team in a high volume customer-focused environment
- Strong client service and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines and service expectations
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Base salary is at VND 5,500,000 gross per month
- Note: This is a short-term 6-month contract position and the successful candidate will be contracted through a third party.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Administrative Assistant (HN)_ Nov 2019.pdf
English proficiency requirements
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at IELTS (General) 5.5 or equivalent. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete an English test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 20 November 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend