RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
Office of the Vice-President (Academic)
The central Office of the Vice President Academic carries out communication and quality initiatives for the Vice President Academic. OVPA staff oversee the approvals process for new and improved academic offerings, address issues related to regulatory compliance, and lead quality-assurance activities across the University. The OVPA team also coordinates division-wide events and communication campaigns and provides executive support to the Vice President Academic.
The role & key responsibilities
This is an exciting position for someone who wants to make a difference in a leading University. Under the supervision of the Director, Academic & Student Services - the Executive Assistant will facilitate the operation of the Office of Academic & Student Services and assist the Director in ensuring the well-being of all staff in the office.
The incumbent will manage the Director’s diary in a manner that ensures priorities within the University are attended to. This will entail organizing travel bookings itineraries and logistics for the Director and visiting University senior executives.
The Executive Assistant will be a trusted confidant to the Director, Academic & Student Services and accordingly will be responsible for assisting in the development of correspondence, documentation, and the running of events essential to the University.
The nature of the position is one that facilitates the important work of the Office of Academic & Student Services and therefore requires regular contact with different sectors within the University. The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact for people wishing to communicate with the Director. It also requires interactions with external agencies, corporations, government officials and staff in other educational institutions, as well as broadly across the university globally. The Executive Assistant will be instrumental in coordinating the interactions of the Office with key stakeholders through local/national/international teleconference and meetings. The Executive Assistant will assist the strategic intent of key committees through minute taking,
The Executive Assistant, as a valued member of the University, may also provide support to designated members of the College and Office of the Vice-President’s senior leadership team upon request.
Key selection criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant fields is preferred.
- Executive support experience in excess of 3 years to a CEO/ Executive role.
- Experience in providing secretarial and administrative support in a university environment or similar large and complex organization and covering diary and travel management, correspondence, action management, document development, and information management.
- Demonstrated high level cross-cultural and communication skills, in both written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills and, the proven ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of management, staff and external parties.
- Demonstrated good knowledge and experience in using computer software such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Competitive and attractive salary package up to VND27,600,000 gross per month depending on your experience and performance
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Possible education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_EA to DASS-GOG.pdf
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a Linguaskill Intermediate level (score 150), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a Linguaskill test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on November 20, 2019.