RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently.
Our students develop the competence, confidence, and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, and film.
The School's close partnerships with industry ensure that our students are equipped with the skills employers are looking for. These include high-level problem-solving skills, effective communication, and the ability to analyze complex situations and engage in critical thinking. For more information see:
The role & key responsibilities
The Audio-Visual (AV) Technician is responsible for the ongoing operation and maintenance of AV equipment, editing suites, and media studios used to support the delivery of courses in the School of Communication & Design. This includes:
- Maintenance of the AV equipment inventory and resources in a well-organized and working condition for a loan to students and for demonstration by academic staff during their lab activities.
- Maintaining accurate records of loans to minimize loss or damage and to enforce established guidelines for loans when warranted.
- Staying current with the latest developments in AV technologies used in the creative industries, education media-related research and relevant Occupational Health & Safety guidelines.
This role requires a solid technical knowledge of AV equipment and their integration and how they are used for studio and on-location production and in-house post-production.
Key selection criteria
- Diploma qualification in Design, Digital Media, Media Production or related field. Additional qualifications in a relevant field will be of additional advantage.
- At least 1-year experience in managing an AV store and media facilities (editing suites and media studio).
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of digital media technologies and their applications. The candidate must have working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and related post-production software.
- The technical knowledge and ability to operate and maintain audio-visual equipment and media facilities.
- Well-developed verbal and written English communication skills to provide excellent customer support to staff and students.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of the educational and media/design environment in Vietnam and the ability to effectively operate in it
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Attractive salary package with a salary range starting from VND15,700,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Possible education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Design_Audio-Visual Technician_2019 May.pdf
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a Linguaskill Intermediate level (Linguaskill score 150), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a Lingual test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on November 20, 2019.