Senior Manager International
Job no: 583869
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract, Full time - Continuing/Permanent
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Student Services, Business Development and Industry Engagement, Education
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As an internationally recognized Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalized world.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role and responsibilities
The Senior Manager, International drives international student recruitment into programs offered at RMIT Vietnam as well as recruitment from the South East Asia region to Melbourne. The role is responsible for all aspects of international student recruitment, including marketing and communications, application to enrollment, channel and enquiry management. The role will work across the Engagement division and other parts of the University, and with RMIT’s representative network and partners to ensure international activities are aligned with the University’s strategy. The position will drive the student recruitment planning process with both key internal and external stakeholders to achieve targets and broader local and internationalisation objectives, including market diversification. The position will lead and mentor the Global Mobility team and undertake the effective management of people, financial and information resources within the recruitment team including ensuring a balanced group budget which meets the Universities financial management requirements.
Key selection criteria
- A relevant graduate qualification.
- Strong corporate and business orientation coupled with the capacity and willingness to actively contribute to RMIT Vietnam’s leadership and to model university values. Knowledge and sound understanding of business principles, processes and strategic business decision making requirements is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing, developing and implementing policy, ensuring adherence to organisation procedures, codes, guidelines and government legislation.
- Successful track record of managing human, financial and other resources, particularly in developing, guiding and motivating teams.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of people across and external to the University across a wide range of cultural contexts.
- Sophisticated cross-cultural understanding and awareness and demonstrated ability to work within and represent an organisation a diverse range of countries, with ability to deliver high outcomes to the satisfaction of clients from different countries and cultures.
- Highly developed diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills to identify and drive creative solutions and practical implementation strategies.
- Well-developed recruitment, marketing, communication, market intelligence skills, and demonstrated skill in in identifying evidence-based business opportunities.
- Sound understanding of the higher education environment generally and the challenges facing universities.
- Ability to nurture and maintain internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Proven ability and commitment to motivate develop and coach others to deliver excellent client service in a rapidly changing cross cultural environment.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive salary (plus allowances)
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance + annual health check
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard VN public holidays) plus additional 4 days paid leave over Christmas period 2019, plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Free shuttle bus service to D1 and D7 for pick up and drop off (Monday-Friday)
- Free on-site gym facilities
- Access to international online library.
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
To find out more
For a more detailed account of this position please click on the Job Description below.
JD_Senior Manager International_RMIT VN_Oct 2019.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 20 November 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend