Advisor, Student Wellbeing & Academic Integration
Job no: 583429
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Student Services, Education
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
The Student Wellbeing and Academic Integration Advisor will be assigned to individual schools to ensure that inclusive practices are incorporated into the student’s academic journey, while considering the various underlying issues which can negatively impact academic progress. A collaborative approach with key academic and professional staff within the Academic Portfolio will ensure a positive and inclusive response to prevent students progressing towards being academically at risk.
Key selection criteria
- A Bachelor degree in Education and/or Social Work is required. A Master degree in relevant discipline is desirable.
- Ability to deal with specific concerns of various groups of students, such as ESL and international students, students with mental health issues, including diagnosed mental illnesses, students with disabilities, and students from rural or remote areas.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a deep understanding of university programs and course curriculum
- Demonstrated experience working in an education environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, implement, manage and evaluate projects and programs, including student and staff group programs relating to psychological issues and learning needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with people at all levels and areas of the University, including students, academic staff, and management, as well as people in the wider community including, family members, psychiatrists, doctors, specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, cooperatively and productively in a diverse team environment.
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality when managing information.
- Computer Skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point, SPSS).
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Attractive salary package with salary range starting from VND 30,000,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Wellbeing_Student Wellbeing and Academic Integration Advisor.pdf
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
This role is open for both locations: Saigon South and Hanoi campuses.
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on October 20, 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend