Recreation and Activities Officer
Job no: 583349
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Student Services
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
The Recreation & Activities Officer is responsible for support and planning a range of recreation programs to RMIT students, staff and alumni. This role includes the day-to-day management of the Recreation & Fitness Centre located in Hanoi campus. This position should look for opportunities to best engage the wider student body through events and activities, while also ensuring risk mitigation measures are in place to maximise student safety. The position may also be required to support events organized by Student Life Activities team and the wider University and as a result may sometimes be required to work flexible hours.
Key selection criteria
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in event management, recreation, or sport.
- Demonstrate broad experience in health, sport and recreation.
- Demonstrate experience in event organization and a safety-focused environment.
- Ability to design health and recreational programs & activities to boost a healthy lifestyle for RMIT’s Community.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and customer service.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation, liaison, and cross-cultural communication.
- Demonstrate time management skills and follow through on project-based initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using computer software such as word processors, spread sheets, presentation software, database systems, and web content management systems.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Attractive salary package with salary range starting from VND13,800,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_ Recreation & Activities Officer Hanoi.pdf
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on October 31, 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend