Multimedia Support Officer
Job no: 581919
Work type: Full time - Continuing/Permanent, Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Information Technology, Digital and Design, Marketing and Communications, Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
Learning Technologies and Analytics
The Learning Technologies and Analytics of the Division of Vice President Academic supports staff and students in effectively using digital tools relating to learning and teaching. The team manages RMIT Vietnam’s learning management system as well as institutional surveys and provides guidance to academic staff in the contemporary application of educational technologies to teaching.
The role & key responsibilities
The Multimedia Support Officer is responsible for helping RMIT increase the use of video and other online/ multimedia artefacts in learning and teaching. The role will require both supporting staffs’ efforts to develop basic skills, and hands-on creation of more advanced multimedia objects. The key focus of this role is to facilitate the use of multimedia in teaching and learning at the University.
Key selection criteria
- University Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Design, Multimedia, Communications)
- Demonstrated 1 - 2 years relevant work experience.
- Work experience in an educational environment and/ or work experience in webpage design/layout and content management would be an advantage.
- A portfolio of digital work containing items produced solely by the applicant (or where the applicant was the leader of the production team) which evidences a high level of ability to apply design skills to communications needs.
- Ability to produce multimedia objects which are accessible across all RMIT-supported devices (e.g., using HTML5 or another approach which is not Flash); experience developing objects to deploy within a technically constrained environment (i.e. similar to Canvas (Learning Management System) and Office 365)
- Experience working with RMIT’s supported AV tools (Dreamweaver, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Echo360). Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience drafting and following a production timeline.
- Awareness of international copyright and academic integrity principles; evidence of commitment to apply the principles in daily work.
- Knowledge of basic AV post-production process and techniques would be an advantage.
- Ability to design graphics for print media (e.g., posters, brochures) would be an advantage.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND15,700,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Multimedia Support Officer.5.8.2019.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on Sep 03, 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend