RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Business & Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business & Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
As a member of our professional staff, you will provide high-quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders, such as students, academic staff, other RMIT departments, industry partners, alumni and our students' parents. You will join a strong and cohesive team where excellence is the standard and you will have the opportunity to grow and develop while making the School of Business & Management the premier Business School in the Southeast Asian region.
Under supervision of the School Manager and Head of School (HoS)/ Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor (PVC) International (Vietnam), the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing essential executive support through diary management, managing correspondence and documentation, drafting letters, standard communications and presentations. The incumbent will contribute to other tasks that also include local/ national/ international teleconference and meeting coordination, committee servicing and minute taking, event organization and travel bookings.
The nature of the position requires regular contact with different sectors within the University both domestic and internationally and is the first point of contact for people wishing to communicate with the Head of School (HoS)/ Deputy PVC International (Vietnam). It also requires interactions with external agencies, corporations, government officials and staff in other education institutions, as well as broadly across the university globally.
- Provide high level, confidential executive support services, including:
a) diary management which encompasses all arrangements associated with organising internal and external meetings for the HoS and work diary and travel arrangements domestically and internationally;
b) preparing/drafting and/or responding to correspondence through emails, letters, memos, reports and presentation materials
c) managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence
d) preparing/ organising briefing material relating to the HOS’s appointments and meetings
- Assist the Manager, School of Business and Management in managing the operations of the Office of SBM, including collaborating with the Administrative Managers at SGS and Hanoi and the Academic Administrative Officers for invoicing and reimbursements, correspondence, meetings, managing corporate seal signings, keep records of all sealed documents, and other administrative tasks as required.
- Assist in preparing for events involving the HoS, including catering, speech notes, presentation slides and briefing papers.
- Coordinate travel, arrangement of itinerary and logistics.
- Support HR administration activities such as recruitment and onboarding activities including assisting in organising meetings as part of induction, position allowances loadings and contract ends and support workforce planning projects.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders (Senior Executives, Office of Vice President, Industry Advisory Board, etc.) appropriately to deliver support to the Office of SBM.
- Manage and track correspondence and documentation for the HoS and Office of SBM ensuring that actions arising from correspondence and meetings to be completed in a timely and appropriate manner; use judgement to determine level of urgency, ensure the HoS or other relevant senior staff are made aware of matters that require their action. Follow up as required.
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants to members of the Vietnam Senior Leadership Team and Academic Administrative Executive Officers in the School, including providing mentoring and advice when requested. Provide back up support for the other areas in the Office of SBM when necessary.
- Undertake other duties as directed and required
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant fields (relevant postgraduate qualifications preferred)
- Executive support experience in excess of 5 years to CEO/Senior Executive roles
- Experience in providing high-level secretarial and administrative support in a university environment or similar large, complex and multi-cultural organisation and covering diary and travel management, correspondence, action management, document development and information management.
- Demonstrated high level cross-cultural and communication skills, in both written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Well-developed organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills and, the proven ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of management, staff and external parties on complex, sensitive and confidential issues, including the ability to draft correspondence of a high standard to internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, with the ability to take the initiative in identifying and pursuing opportunities to improve existing practices and services.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with a wide range of groups, both internal and external to the University.
- Demonstrated superior knowledge and experience in using computer software such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Executive Assistant SBM_PSV4_July 2019.pdf
English proficiency requirements
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 25 August 2019.