Job no: 581906
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Technical Laboratory Support, Engineering
The Technician will support the growing number of Engineering laboratories within the School Science and Technology
- Provide high-level technical support and advice to staff and students in development, operation and safe use of engineering equipment.
- Maintain laboratories and laboratory equipment in a ready, serviceable, clean and safe condition to aid the Schools educational activities, including organizing preventive maintenance, service, troubleshooting and repairs where required.
- Provide regular reports to the Head of School regarding equipment that needs to be repaired or replaced, inventory levels of consumables, and process issues.
- Create and maintain accurate manuals, records, procedures, and policies as well as an inventory of equipment within the School laboratories.
- Provide expert advice for procurement of new equipment, hardware/software tools and materials/components, as well as setting up of equipment/tools service contracts.
- Other technical duties as determined by the Head of School or delegate
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor degree relevant to engineering and/or science.
- At least three to five years’ experience in a technical field relating to engineering
- Experienced in running an engineering or academic department laboratory
- Experienced in running CNC machine (knowledgeable on CAD/CAM)
- Good general technical knowledge and practical skills - soldering, basic electronic circuit design
- Assemble/solder low powered leads for laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations and practices as well as relevant experience in their implementation
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and work as part of a collaborative team committed to creating and managing signature partnerships that enhance the University’s strategic development goals.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish productive, collaborative relationships with people at all levels, both internal and external to the university.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including cross cultural communication and business writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task with forward planning capability and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to service clients and provide client-centred solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and unfailingly meet deadlines.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 28,100,000 VND gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 25 August 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend