Head of Communications, Vietnam
Job no: 580681
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Marketing and Communications, Media, Journalism & Communications
- Lead a team of 10 across internal and external communications
- Member of the RMIT Vietnam Leadership Team
- Leverage Asia region experience and networks
- Based in Ho Chi Minh City
The Head of Communications, Vietnam will align to RMIT’s Strategy of delivering best-practice communications that promote, leverage and amplify RMIT’s global agenda across multiple audience segments and geographies. This role will drive planning, execution and measurement of impactful, multi-media content, campaigns and timely content to build and elevate the reputation of the University across staff, students, media, industry and government audiences.
Reporting to the Melbourne based Associate Director, Global Communications, the Head of Communications, Vietnam will be a trusted adviser and key member of the Vietnam Leadership Team, working closely with a range of stakeholders across Vietnam and Melbourne.
Travel within Vietnam and to Melbourne will be required. Vietnamese language skills will be highly regarded but not essential.
- Develop effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders in Vietnam and Melbourne, to advance the communications agenda of the University across internal and external channels.
- Provide expert media relations and issues management advice for Vietnam in collaboration with the Australian communications team.
- Build, leverage and maintain key media and stakeholder relationships in Vietnam, working in partnership with the Government relations team.
- Leadership accountability for the planning, creation and delivery of communications across multiple audience segments (staff, student and external), and multiple geographies.
- Advise and coach Leaders/Senior Executives on best practice Communications.
- Role model RMIT values and be an active member of the Vietnam Leadership Team.
- Lead and develop a team of internal and external comms professionals.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in the leadership of a highly effective communications team across multiple locations.
- Proven experience in communications planning, delivery and measurement that contributed to strategic organisational objectives.
- Experience in leading and influencing organisational change, supported by the ability to build effective and influential relationships with senior executive stakeholders.
- Experience in working with data and stakeholders to identify emerging and unmet needs and to develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated passion for delivering creative and impactful communications across multiple audiences.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
- Join the leading international University in Vietnam
- Competitive remuneration in USD
- Relocation allowance upon commencement of role
- Flight from home to Vietnam
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave plus local and university public holidays
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
- Support with visa and work permit application
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 8 September 2019
Comm_Head of Communications Vietnam_June 2019.docx
Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Professional Jobs.pdf
For further inquiries about this position, please contact Recruitment Manager, Ms Esther Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend