Associate Lecturer/Lecturer, Fashion Product Development (Part time or Hourly)
Job no: 578618
Work type: Casual/Sessional (Short Term)
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Fashion & Textiles
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication & Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be Experimental; Ethical; and Exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication & Design over the next 3 years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having the most respected creative school in Vietnam.
The role & key responsibilities
The Associate Lecturer/Lecturer – Fashion Product Development (hourly or part time) will be expected to contribute to the teaching within the School of Communication & Design, specifically within the Bachelor of Fashion (Merchandise Management).
The successful candidate will contribute to the areas of product development, production and design, experience in CAD CAM is essential and 3D fitting is desirable. The successful candidate will also actively promote the area by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
Key selection criteria
- Master’s Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer) roles.
- Proven teaching proficiency in in fashion product development and garment production.
- Experience in using industry standard software for CAD CAM for pattern cutting, lay planning, costing and technical specifications.
- Ability to teach pattern cutting and garment construction as well as technical specification
- Successful completion of technical pattern and garment construction skills test
- 3 year experience in a relevant area of the fashion industry.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
JD_Design_ Lecturer, Fashion Product Development.Hourly.pdf
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent) where applicable.
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on July 29, 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend