Senior Communications Coordinator (8 months)
Job no: 576571
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Media, Journalism & Communications, Education
The position is responsible for managing RMIT Vietnam's media relations in Ho Chi Minh City and surrounding cities and provinces. This includes planning and creating content in line with communications objectives and strategic plans, responding to media enquiries, coordinating media presence at University events and all media activities on campus, and providing consultation to internal departments and centres about media relations and interests. The position is in charge of media monitoring and analysis, including generating monthly and ad hoc reports on media coverage of RMIT Vietnam and emerging issues and trends.
The position is required to provide editorial support to the Press Office, including source and write stories for internal publications, and coordinate the production of photos and videos to be used in staff and student publications.
- Lead on the creation and dissemination of media interested content, including but not limited to media releases, news about staff and student achievements, news about sports and community activities held by RMIT Vietnam.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Saigon South campus to initiate and execute strategies that leverage media coverage of RMIT Vietnam. Ensure timely and appropriate response to media enquiries to promote the University and staff/student activities.
- Provide pro-active and professional monitoring and analysis of RMIT Vietnam's presence on print, broadcast and online media.
- Manage appropriate maintenance of information archives and filing systems including media contacts in Customer Relations Management (CRM) system and photo library. Conduct a regular evaluation of media contacts and channels, including a monthly media activity report and analysis.
- Act as an expert source of information about communications and media in Saigon South campus for various activities.
- Develop and manage media plan and budget for important occasions and major University activities, including but not limited to scholarship results announcement, graduation, international conferences and Vietnam Journalism Day.
- Provide editorial support to the Press Office, including source and write stories, and take photos/ videos for newsletters and websites.
- Coordinate all requests sent to communications mailbox, including but not limited to filming and photo shooting on campus, promoting services and products to staff and students, sponsoring events, conducting research as part of a degree requirements. Coordinate campus tours for media agencies and other key stakeholders (ie. local and foreign universities, government authorities.
- Develop guidelines and scope of work for communications interns as well as providing supervision, coaching and evaluation to their performance.
- Provide accurate interpretation and translation services as required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A tertiary qualification in a professional communication field such as public relations, journalism, marketing or similar.
- 4+ years experience working in a communications environment, particularly in regards to media relations and reputation management
- Demonstrated strong language skills, written and spoken, in both English and Vietnamese
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with others
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 20,800,000 VND gross per month
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Comm_Senior Comms Coordinator_2019 May_PSV5.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 31 May 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend