Research Services Officer
Job no: 576544
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The RMIT Vietnam Research Office promotes excellence in research practice among the University’s staff and students. Through regular training sessions, colloquia and one-on-one support, the Research Office team helps RMIT researchers access information about standards and opportunities to enhance their careers, compete for research projects, and build national and international research networks. The Research Office facilitates activities to highlight research success, such as the 3-Minute Thesis competition, and collaborates with academic leaders to foster productive research activities throughout the University.
The role & key responsibilities
The Research Services Officer is responsible for the collection of research outputs, information, and data in the Research Master database, and informing the RMIT Vietnam research community of collection practices and guidelines. This includes working with researchers and units to ensure that information is available and correct for timely input. The Research Services Officer will liaise with the relevant Research & Innovation teams to ensure fit for purpose reports are available to support research activity in RMIT Vietnam, contribute to report dissemination and ensure that web-based information is up to date.
This position is also required to provide high quality services to researchers across various research schemes in RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
- Bachelor degree or above and significant relevant experience in a similar position.
- Proven knowledge of IT and Multi-media related applications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of complex guidelines.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to contribute to continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in the use of MS Office suite; internet and information management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Research Master or other similar databases.
- Well-developed skills in managing a secretariat.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND20,800,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_RO_Research Services Officer. May 2019.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on May 26, 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend