RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication & Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be Experimental; Ethical; and Exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication & Design over the next 3 years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having the most respected creative school in Vietnam.
The role & key responsibilities
The Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer – Fashion Product Development will be expected to contribute to the teaching, research and service efforts of the University, within the School of Communication & Design, specifically within the Bachelor of Fashion (Merchandise Management).
The successful candidate will contribute to the areas of product development, production and design, experience in CAD CAM is essential and 3D fitting is desirable. The successful candidate will also actively promote the area by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
Key selection criteria
- Master’s Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) roles.
- Proven teaching proficiency in in fashion product development and garment production.
- Ability to develop and manage curriculum for fashion product development
- Experience in using industry standard software for CAD CAM for pattern cutting, lay planning, costing and technical specifications.
- Ability to teach pattern cutting and garment construction as well as technical specification
- Successful completion of technical pattern and garment construction skills test
- Experience in course and curriculum design in related areas
- 3 year experience in a relevant area of the fashion industry.
- Recognized research and/or industry profile.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
JD_Design_ Associate Lecturer, Fashion Product Development.Aug 2018.pdf
JD_Design_ Lecturer, Fashion Product Development.Aug 2018.pdf
JD_Design_ Senior Lecturer, Fashion Product Development.Aug 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent) where applicable.
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on June 05, 2019.