Data & Reporting Coordinator
Job no: 576420
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Student Administration, Education
The Data and Reporting Coordinator plays a key role in supporting the Registrar team at RMIT Vietnam and other people across global RMIT through extracting, collating and making sense of data held in the various student record systems, and developing key reports. The position will be located within the Vietnam Academic Governance and Quality team and will support statistical and compliance reporting, help to identify trends, and participate in initiatives to improve student lifecycle processes and the student experience.
- Develop and maintain processes to manage requests for student data in a transparent and secure way that ensures a clear record of inquiry, appropriate prioritisation, and compliance with privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Collect, collate, synthesise and report on relevant student data in relation to the student lifecycle, including enrolments, tuition payments, student attrition, transfers, student attainment and completions, in order to provide insights, identify trends and support student lifecycle process improvement at the Vietnam campus.
- Support ad hoc requests from global RMIT stakeholders and work with academic Schools in Vietnam to provide reports in relation to student lifecycle behaviour and course and program issues based on available student data.
- Run SQL queries and apply tools to manage data sets and display key data visually and with clarity. Use scripts and tools to develop repeatable and automated report production.
- Support compliance reporting, audits, accreditation and program review processes in terms of student data, including running complex queries and coordinating reports. Collaborate with Finance, RMIT Analytics & Insights, ITS and others to review and validate data as needed.
- Provide recommendations in relation to student system search query improvements and to address data issues; support the Registrar team with development requests for student systems and undertake relevant UAT.
- Assist the Academic Governance and Quality team at RMIT Vietnam to support student systems, course and program administration and quality work as required.
- Provide advice and support in relation to data transfer from SRS to Melbourne systems and support transition work towards a future ERP.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in data management, including the experience working with databases and data collection at project and organisation levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency writing SQL queries and using Excel and pivot tables; experience in SPSS and working with large data sets preferred.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Access and Visio and making data meaningful to different audiences.
- Skill in technical writing and capability to present data in various report formats, including data visualisation capability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 28,100,000 VND gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
RG_Data & Reporting Coordinator_2019 April_PSV6.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 27 May 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend