Research Assistant (Short-term)
Job no: 576318
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Engineering, Research, Education
The Research Assistant will provide research support to a specific project. Working under the general direction of the Primary Investigator, the Research Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day- research activities of the study, acting as first point of contact for all enquiries related to the study, and provide support when needed.
Specific responsibilities will depend on the topic, nature and duration of the project, as provided by the Primary Investigator. As a Level 3 Research Assistant, you will be expected to contribute specialist support, with technical or specialist expertise paramount.
- Academic literature reviews and database searches
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Prepare presentations, reports and publications
- Develop internal and external contacts to further knowledge and form collaborative networks
- Assist the Project Leader with data collection and the collation of results
- Plan day-to-day research activity and/or coordinate activities with Project Leader
- Draft reports related to research activity outcomes
- Coordinate activities, including secretariat support for project meetings
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated mechanical engineering background associated with manufacturing technologies especially Advanced Manufacturing Processes, traditional manufacturing processes, Industry 4.0, CAD/CAM, Design analyses.
- Demonstrated experience in writing scientific papers in English, and has successfully achieved publications in refereed quality international journals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analytical research; analyses, interpretation, evaluation and coordination as well as report resulting information.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with people at all levels, in particular the project team.
- Experience in preparing research reports and graphic presentations of data.
- Problem solving skills that assures detailed follow-up when required.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise multiple tasks, set and meet deadlines and give attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and analytical software.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 15,400,000 VND gross per month
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD-RA Level 3 Mech Eng.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 30 June 2019
Note: This is a short-term position and the successful candidate will be contracted through a third party
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend