RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design
The Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) is the largest undergraduate program within the School of Communication & Design. The program comprises strands in advertising, public relations and media studies. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/programs/bachelor-communication-professional-communication
Role & key responsibilities
We seek an experienced Lecturer to help grow our public relations teaching team against the exciting background of Vietnam’s rapidly growing economy. In response to sector trends, input from industry partners and as a result of a recent program review, we are particularly interested in applicants with up-to-date experience including any combination of social network strategy, SEO, metrics/analytics, content marketing, influence and/or other related specialisations. Skills in content creation for online/mobile/social will also be considered favourably. A strong understanding of the cultural context of communication and sensitivity to contemporary communication challenges - including social responsibility, ethics and accountability - will also be considered.
A flexible attitude and a range of skills related to the conceptualisation, execution and evaluation of PR and communication courses is a must, as well as the capability and competence to teach and coordinate a range of relevant courses. The appointee is expected to actively promote both the program and the School through membership of - and links to - academic and professional networks. The appointee may be expected to contribute to other programs within the School of Communication & Design.
All teaching is in English language. The appointee will be located at RMIT’s Saigon South campus and will be expected to travel to other RMIT Vietnam campuses as required. We are happy to consider either a full- or part-time position.
Key selection criteria
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Associate Lecturer: we may consider an application from an emerging academic who is in the final stages of relevant doctoral study. In this instance, a relevant completed master’s degree from a recognised institution is required.
- Evidence of a minimum of five years’ relevant teaching experience.
- Up-to-date experience in any combination of social network strategy, SEO, metrics/analytics, content marketing, influence and/or other related PR specialisations. Skills in content creation for online/mobile/social will be considered favourably.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver undergraduate courses including the production of high-quality online or offline teaching activities and support materials.
- Demonstrated range of skills relating to the conceptualisation, execution and evaluation of courses, including the capability and competence to teach a range of media/communication/cultural studies courses.
- Evidence of achieving course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake course coordination and to cooperate effectively with colleagues.
- Track-record of relevant research activity and peer-reviewed outputs or equivalent.
- Professional experience in the communication/media sector or equivalent is preferred.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on May 26, 2019.