Project Coordinator (IT)
Job no: 576099
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the coordinating IT projects from inception to completion using appropriate project management governance and methodologies. The range of projects includes software/system implementation and development, infrastructure and network development, and other related ICT projects.
The position will regularly engage with project champions, sponsors and stakeholders both internal and external to RMIT. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Project Manager to provide regular project updates and reports to ITS managers and project stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist in the management of IT projects including planning, risk analysis, design, costing, delivery and documentation.
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is in place and regular reporting to relevant stakeholders is carried out.
- Perform gap analysis and feasibility studies for technology solutions required or proposed for use by RMIT University.
- Ensure strict practices of version and change control are maintained for all systems, with particular focus on systems security.
- Ensure delivery of projects within allocated budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate project activities and deliverables with all internal and external stake holders including Project Control
- Boards, vendors, users and other RMIT departments.
- Evaluate new technologies for their suitability and benefits for use in RMIT.
- Any other duties as required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A formal qualification in a recognized Project Management methodology is desirable.
- Experience in coordinating and assisting with delivery of IT projects from inception to completion.
- Experience in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders as well as working with vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current systems and methodologies, including management and understanding of internet systems and security issues in a large corporate environment.
- Experience of data networking and Internet infrastructure is desirable.
- Proven capacity to work under stress and to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Well-developed personal skills including sound conceptual and analytical skills, and judgement, report writing, negotiation and liaison.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 21 October 2019
Please note that to be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend