Senior Project Manager
Job no: 575271
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Building and Property Services
The position of Senior Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of project delivery strategies and leading the delivery of assigned capital works projects. This position involves the leadership of internal staff to deliver capital works projects and the engagement and direction of external project managers and project teams as required.
The Senior Project Manager is to take a leadership role in managing project risks and ensuring all projects meet financial, performance quality, safety and environmental objectives.
The Senior Project Manager will take a strategic approach to the delivery of capital works projects to support the successful delivery of the Annual Capital Program.
This position will require a high level of communication, liaison, negotiation and organisational skills together with a strong commercial acumen.
- Postgraduate qualification in Architecture, Engineering, Building Construction or Project / Construction Management combined with extensive operational project management experience.
- Significant experience managing infrastructure projects delivered successfully by a diverse project team in a commercial / complex environment in Vietnam.
- Substantial experience in engaging, managing and motivating a diverse small team of internal project managers, consultants and contractors.
- Substantial experience coordinating and implementing strategic projects by utilising effective management principles of planning, resource allocation, communication, formalised documentation, implementation, negotiation, evaluation and reporting.
- Skill, knowledge and ability to deliver projects to time / quality / cost parameters under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Proven ability to successfully conduct complex negotiations, manage contracts and effectively communicate with clients, consultants, authorities and other project related bodies.
- Extensive experience in financial management of program / project budgets, understanding of capital expenditure and accounting principles and ability to interpret financial information and present in a clear and concise format.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated experience producing comprehensive recommendations, project and implementation plans, briefing papers and reports.
- Comprehensive knowledge of property management and regulatory requirements in the building industry in Vietnam
- Knowledge of and interpretation of Australian standards against Vietnamese laws and regulations.
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Learning and development opportunities
- International work environment
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Senior Project Manager March 2019.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at IELTS (General) 6.5, RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 10th April 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend