Project Communication & Program Officer
Job no: 575213
Work type: Full time - Continuing/Permanent, Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
The position is responsible for the development and administration of programs to maximise the engagement of students in university life. In particular, this position supports the activities of the promotions and communications of Student Life’s projects and areas of work in various channels as well as the administration and development of RED student volunteer team in Hanoi campus. This position will be required to work flexible hours to suit the operation of the University, to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Plan and execute communication and promotion strategies including visuals, design and media productions for essential projects owned and / or collaborated by Student Life in Hanoi campus.
- Facilitate, collect and moderate communication content feeding flow of Hanoi Student Life’s official communication channels (Facebook pages, FB newbies groups, mailchimp, relevant section on RMIT Vietnam website, Student and Staff Update) inward and outward facing with a clearly structured pipeline for internal members and external stakeholders.
- Reinforce and maintain an effective exposure of branding and up-to-dated information about Student Activities and Student Life in Hanoi campus on various channels and in alignment with Saigon South team.
- Facilitate relevant activities to on-going recruit, manage and maintain a highly committed cohort of student volunteers to ensure their quality of contributing work, students learning experiences and nurture students’ healthy community-driven mindset via RED branding activities, internal bonding activities and other relevant projects.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance student volunteers self development, leadership and healthy community-driven mindset via effective management pool, performance tracking, two-way feedback system, peer assessment, recognition system, etc.
- Support the implementation of relevant training and development opportunities for Volunteers and club executives especially in relation to health & safety and risk mitigation. Update and maintain student Volunteer Database and relevant reports.
- In consultation with Student Activities Coordinator, monitor budgets, maintains accurate budget balances, records, statements and accounts; prepares reports; review and audit financial transactions spent for student volunteer program and communication activities.
- Assist in the delivery of other RMIT Student Life activities and events, from large-scale events to weekly activity sessions.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated ability in planning and execution of communications strategies for projects.
- Effective time management skills and follow through on project-based initiatives.
- Demonstrated effective communication, coaching / mentoring skills with students
- Experience in project management and application of administrative skills in the workplace.
- Relevant experience in a transnational university environment
- Demonstrated awareness of current issues concerned with transition to university, student engagement, and the first year experience. Experience in a role dealing with these issues is preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation, liaison, and cross-cultural communication.
- Demonstrated superior knowledge and experience in using computer software such as word processors, spread sheets, presentation software, database systems, and web content management systems.
- Well-developed planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to design and implement tasks and projects in a timely fashion, working independently, or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and customer service
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 15,400,000 VND gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Student Life_Project Communications & program Officer_2019 Mar_PSV4.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 31 March 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend