Job no: 575076
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
- Support learning & teaching through the development, delivery and evaluation of innovative digital literacy programs to students to help them to develop effective skills in the discovery, evaluation and use of information resources; and by linking students to learning resources and objects relevant to their study which will enable them to become independent and effective information users.
- Liaise and collaborate with nominated customer groups in order to establish good working relationships, promote the Library’s services, understand the needs of the students and staff of RMIT Vietnam community and provide high-level support that is aligned to the direction of the University.
- Support the research initiatives of the nominated customer groups, providing research training to researchers and research students, supporting the information needs of researchers and research groups and developing knowledge of the academic and research programs sufficient to ensure that collections and services support curriculum and research needs.
- Develop and maintain current, relevant collections to facilitate University learning, teaching & research by selecting library resources in varied formats, including books and audiovisual / multimedia resources; assessing the quality and physical condition of the subject collections; marketing and promoting new resources; and making decisions on the replacement, transfer, withdrawal, or preservation of individual titles.
- Contribute to the strategic direction setting and policy making processes of the Library by participating in team forums, projects, working parties and committees.
- Provide expert reference and research support, through physical and virtual service points, including taking rostered shifts at evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
- Undertake other professional library duties as required.
- Act in the role of Research, Learning and Teaching or Digital Services Librarian as directed.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant degree qualification.
- An understanding of information technology; contemporary teaching, learning and research issues in academic environments.
- Demonstrated and extensive Library experience in liaising in an academic library.
- Preferable working experience in information technology (software, web management).
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative teamwork, locally and internationally and also to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends and best practice in libraries to support students and staff in higher education
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package starting from 15,400,000 VND gross/month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Library_Liaison Librarian_PSV4_Dec 2018.pdf
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS General with a score of at least 5.5.0 (or equivalent, as outlined in the Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding Guidelines). RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 24 March 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend