Job no: 575048
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Research, Library
- Manage other librarians in delivering and promoting quality research services.
- Liaise with Research Office and other Schools to conduct a timely series of comprehensive Library research training and skills events for research students and their supervisors.
- Support individual researchers and research teams in the preparation of grant application bibliographies, research projects and bibliometric analysis.
- Collaborate with Learning and Teaching Librarians in developing specialised and tailored programs for digital transition for academic courses, digital literacy and research skill development for students.
- Maintain awareness of and report developments in research practice in the international higher educational context.
- Lead research activities towards writing and getting published for liaison librarians or librarians.
- Strengthen the library profile in the university.
- Any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of this position.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant degree.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, and critical thinking and make independent decisions.
- Prefer experience in conducting research, managing research data and communicating research outputs.
- Prefer knowledge of the research process; academic publication experience.
- Prefer ability to develop, present and evaluate relevant services, including instructional programs, for researchers and higher degree by research students.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package starting from 20,800,000 VND gross/month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Research Librarian_PSV5_Mar 2019.pdf
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS General with a score of at least 6.0 (or equivalent, as outlined in the Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding Guidelines). RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 24 March 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend