Associate Lecturers/Lecturers - Law (Hourly rate), 2 positions
Job no: 574206
Work type: Casual/Sessional (Short Term)
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Law, Education
RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Business and Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
Role & key responsibilities
• Undertake independent teaching at undergraduate level.
• Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role or management of a small award program.
• Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
- Having a common law background, i.e. obtained the master or PhD degree from a university in a common law country.
- Having a strong commercial law background, i.e., having strong teaching and research experience in some or all of the following fields of law: tort law, contract law, consumer law, company law, investment law, and corporate governance.
- Being familiar with principles of electronic contracts and business ethics will be advantages.
- Associate Lecturer: relevant Master’s degree from a recognised institution.
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver high-quality courses at undergraduate level including the production of online or offline teaching activities and support materials.
- Evidence of achieving course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on March 21, 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend