Senior Manager, Facilities and Technical Services
Job no: 574159
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Building and Property Services
The role & key responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Facilities & Technical Services is the functional lead for Facility Management and Technical Services Team at RMIT Vietnam and is responsible for the delivery, repair and maintenance services in addition to providing technical expertise and compliance to statutory requirements to the RMIT built environment to promote optimum functionality.
The role is responsible for managing a team of multi-functional Facility Supervisors and Coordinators and has operational responsibility for full facility management services compliance to a designated portfolio of RMIT Vietnam facilities and for reliable and efficient operation of the University's central plant and services infrastructure.
The role requires a detailed understanding of the operation of these assets as well as consideration of the contribution of each major component to the successful operation of the whole and shall be responsible for tuning the operation to achieve efficiencies and the occupancy and educational outcomes.
As the operational lead, the role is responsible for all RMIT Vietnam and third-party stakeholder engagement, vendor performance and communications, and is fully accountable for the full suite of facility outcomes for these facilities.
The role undertakes a range of infrastructure replacement projects, as well assume responsibility for first response activities for all unanticipated infrastructure failure and disruptive works activity, ensuring timely and accurate communication to all relevant stakeholders and taking specific action to mitigate risk where critical end users are disrupted.
The role will establish and work collaboratively with panels of consultants to assist in the documentation of infrastructure services and collect accurate condition-based information. This role will work collaboratively with other members of our teams across Vietnam and Australia to solve problems and share knowledge of the installed asset base and its operation.
The Senior Manager, Facilities & Technical Services shall apply detailed knowledge of the services infrastructure and use this to engage in relevant projects as required, including the design process, review of requirements
Key selection criteria
- Postgraduate qualifications in management, facility management, technical building services or a related discipline and extensive relevant experience; or extensive management experience and proven management expertise within a relevant area.
- At least six years’ experience leading a multi-disciplinary Facilities, Asset Management and Technical Services Teams in a multi-site organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including demonstrated experience in using current technology and presentation software, in the preparation of written business cases, analytical reports and briefings for use at an Executive level, and negotiation skills to achieve outcomes to the advantage of RMIT.
- Sound understanding of the Vietnamese laws pertaining to the role and function of the University built environment.
- Strong leadership and people management experience.
- A high level of analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently collect asset information and condition information for centralised systemic use.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
PS_Senior Manager Facilities & Technical Services_PSV9_Feb 2019.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at IELTS (General) 6.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 24 March 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend