Alumni and Mentoring Manager
Job no: 573261
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Marketing, Education
The Alumni & Mentoring Manager will implement, manage and drive the alumni strategy and Industry Mentoring program of RMIT Vietnam. The cornerstone of this strategy is the establishment and support of various Alumni Chapters, in partnership with Schools and the alignment of the international strategy of Global Engagement. The Alumni & Mentoring Manager will deliver a number of strategic events and manage communications (including social media, electronic communications and publications). The role is responsible for building and maintaining long term relationships with all stakeholders to ensure success and sustainability of alumni relations in Vietnam and across the region. This role will also manage and develop the Industry Mentoring program in Vietnam
The role will work closely with RMIT Melbourne to build a collaborative and effective alumni program for our local and global graduate community.
- Implement, manage and drive alumni strategies and programs at RMIT Vietnam and across the region
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management and development of Alumni and Mentoring Careers Team, to ensure the effective delivery of key deliverables.
- Work in partnership with Schools to develop alumni chapters
- Manage and deliver a number of strategic events and activities in Vietnam and across the region
- Establish and manage individual relationships with selected alumni in order to facilitate mutually beneficial outcomes for alumnus and the University
- Manage alumni database and ensure updated information is recorded and aligned with the international database system;
- Manage and develop the ‘Alumni Relations’ communications strategy
- Manage and deliver a number of strategic events and activities for Global Engagement in other locations in the regions as required
- Manage and develop the Industry Mentoring program. Engage internal and external stakeholders to promote and deliver mentoring events and relevant communications
- Collaborate with RMIT Employment Consultant to align on offers for alumni employment opportunities
- As a key member of Careers department, develop and strengthen both internal and external stakeholder relationships through effective customer service and problem solving when required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline.
- At least five years of experience in alumni relations and/or volunteer management
- Strong track record in people management, particularly in developing, guiding and motivating teams.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing new and/or enhancing existing volunteer groups
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with management, staff and external organisations and establish effective professional relationships with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in event and project management, including the coordination of communications, marketing and promotional activities.
- Experience with database usage and reporting on business objectives.
- Ability to manage workloads effectively to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to resolve work challenges autonomously.
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated capacity to develop effective relationships with graduates, staff, industry and students to ensure understanding and support for alumni programs.
- Demonstrated high-level analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive and competitive monthly gross salary
- Monthly gross meal and clothing allowances
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Career_Alumni and Mentoring Manager_2018 Sep_PSV7.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 24 February 2018
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend