Associate Lecturer/ Lecturer, IT and Software Engineering (short term; 2 positions)
Job no: 572794
Work type: Casual/Sessional (Short Term)
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Information Technology, Education, Engineering
RMIT Vietnam is looking for a Lecturer or Associate Lecturer, for IT program and another Lecturer or Associate Lecturer for Software Engineering to contribute to the teaching of the University, within the School of Science and Technology, specifically within undergraduate Programs.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Science and Technology
The School of Science and Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the College of Science, Engineering and Health of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught on the Vietnam campus include the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics) and the Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical & Electronics Engineering).
The role & key responsibilities
The Lecturer/Associate Lecturer, IT or Software Engineering will contribute to the teaching of the University, within the School of Science and Technology, specifically within undergraduate Programs.
The successful candidate will conduct at least two of the following courses in semester 1 2019 (11 Feb 2019 – 24 May 2019)
- Database Concept
- Programming Languages C++
- Mathematics for Computing
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- Computing Engineering
The activities include running lectures, labs, tutorials, student consultation and marking.
Key selection criteria
- Master Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer) roles with relevant background
- Proven teaching proficiency in relevant courses
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Descriptions below.
JD - Associate Lecturer, IT short term Feb 19.docx
JD - Lecturer, IT short term Feb 19.docx
- Vietnamese employees are offered a monthly salary of VND 67,000,000 gross per month (for Associate Lecturer) or VND86,000,000 gross per month (for Lecturer)
- Excellent academic guidance and supportive team structures
- World class teaching facilities and resources
- Professional development possibilities
- Access to research funding and professional development/conference opportunities, in discussion and negotiation with line manager.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 27 January 2019.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend