Projects and Communication Coordinator
Job no: 572736
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Media, Journalism & Communications
The Projects and Communications Coordinator manages the delivery of the University’s communications to students in Vietnam. Reporting directly to the Chief Editor, the position requires a considerable level of engagement across the University, advising stakeholders on content creation and coordinating its delivery across communications channels. The position works with others in the Communications and Press Office teams to manage the Student webpage and a biweekly newsletter.
- Manage the effective delivery of student communications across Vietnam campuses.
- Advise stakeholders on the development of student communications content across multiple channels, ensuring communications are aligned with University key messages and branding, and follow best practices.
- Work with stakeholders and channel owners to develop a coordinated schedule of communications, ensuring students receive information at the optimal time of the semester and their program.
- Proactively develop and lead initiatives, events and communications campaigns to engage students.
- Collaborate closely with other team members to manage the Student webpage, the biweekly student newsletter, and other channels, while also identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- Create communications content which may involve interviewing subjects, attending events, writing and photography.
- Coordinate the creation of graphic design content using in-house or out-sourced graphic design resources.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues across all Schools and Divisions, in particular colleagues within the Education portfolio.
- Ensure all student communication content on University channels is accurate, effective, culturally sensitive, accessible, and conform to RMIT’s communications and branding guidelines.
- Build and maintain working relationships with students and student groups to identify student success stories, and when required, write news stories.
- Provide advice to the Chief Editor regarding student issues and opportunities for communications.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A tertiary qualification in professional communication, public relations, advertising, marketing or similar field.
- At least three years of experience working in a communications environment, with a strong background in coordinating and managing communications projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English and Vietnamese, communicating with precision and with sensitivity to the need for clear and unambiguous communication with students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to successfully interact and network with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of writing for the online environment and audiences. Photography and video skills are desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Team player, with ability to work independently as and when required.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 28,100,000 VND gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
COMM_Projects and Communications Coordinator_2019 Jan_PSV6.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 10 February 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend