Job no: 572330
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
- Support learning & teaching through the development, delivery and evaluation of innovative digital literacy programs, evaluation and use of information resources.
- Establish good working relationships with customers to promote the Library’s services, and provide high-level support.
- Support the research initiatives, providing research training to researchers and research students, supporting the information needs.
- Develop and maintain current, relevant collections to facilitate University learning, teaching & research by selecting library resources in varied formats.
- Contribute to the strategic direction setting and policy making processes of the Library.
- Provide expert reference and research support, through physical and virtual service points, including taking rostered shifts at evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
- Undertake other professional library duties as required.
- Act in the role of Research, Learning and Teaching or Digital Services Librarian as directed.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant degree qualification.
- An understanding of information technology; contemporary teaching, learning and research issues in academic environments.
- Demonstrated and extensive Library experience in liaising in an academic library.
- Preferable working experience in information technology (software, web management).
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative teamwork, locally and internationally and also to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends and best practice in libraries to support students and staff in higher education.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package and allowances
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_Library_Liaison Librarian_PSV4_Dec 2018.pdf
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper-Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 30 December 2018
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend