Linux and Virtualization Team Lead
Job no: 572256
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Information Technology, Information Management
- Ensures the availability, reliability, security and scalability of RMIT Vietnam server, focusing in Linux/UNIX/Windows platform;
- Prioritizes, leads and responds in a timely manner to support tickets raised by Helpdesk or network monitoring system;
- Develops and maintains accurate documentation for system manuals, procedures and policies;
- Monitors and provides system performance statistics and utilization and reports on regular basic and as required;
- Participates in projects identified by the IT Infrastructure Manager. Researches, develops and implements new systems and technologies that fit to and/or benefit RMIT Vietnam business;
- Prepares training material and delivers support training when required;
- Manages various web application based on various scripting and programing language such as PHP, Perl, Python and Java;
- Managing multiple platforms network environment including Windows, Linux/Unix and networking services like DHCP, DNS, NTP, RADIUS, IIS, ASP.NET;
- Deputies Infrastructure Manager, being Acting Operation Manager to lead IT Operation team when required;
- Ready to work overtime onsite and take on-call 24/7 shift whenever there is demand.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. A tertiary qualification in an IT related discipline;
2. At least 4 years’ experience in system administrator position or equivalent, at least 2 years’ experience in team leader role or equivalent.
3. Demonstrated experience in exercising IT services delivery like incident management, problem management and change management in a wide range of systems; large corporate IT environment experiences.
4. Demonstrated extensive experience in designing, implementing and managing high load Linux/UNIX/Windows based web and application hosting environment, host and service clustering, among other common corporate services: AD, radius, file sharing, web etc;
5. Demonstrated experience in setup and managing Windows/Linux/UNIX host on enterprise infrastructure such as integrating with Windows network environment, running on virtualization platform and attaching to NAS and/or SAN storage;
6. Able to coach, mentor and lead a team of 2-3 members to deliver assigned work packages;
7. Able to interact with business and technology stakeholders to achieve a desired outcome;
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
ITS_Linux and Virtualization Team Lead_PSV6_Dec 18.pdf
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 65). RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 01 January 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend