Senior Accountant, Payable and Tax
Job no: 563842
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Accounting, Finance
This role is responsible to ensure a high level of compliance across both the tax and accounts payable functions in adherence to accounting standards and principles, local tax laws and regulations as well as university’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure high performance through daily activities with a focus on increasing the efficiency of both current and future processes
- Develop and maintain strong relationship and networks with both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and deliver tax management/ training and payment instruction guidelines for both finance and non-finance internal stakeholders
- Provide direction and advice on account payable/ expense treatment to another team members, focusing on compliance and tax minimization
- Manage and oversee accounts payable related work function to ensure the processing and booking of accounts payable/ expense transactions recorded accurately
- Ensure accurate and timely validation, processing, provision of documentation and database maintenance relating to creditors invoices, commitments and payments of invoices ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations;
- Manage functional expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, where applicable
- Manage and maintain master data of all entities up to date
- Ensure that all stakeholders are provided with accurate and timely financial insights and analysis regarding expenses to support decision making
- Provide executive reports and analyse regarding actual spending to ensure adherence to approved budget and forecast;
- Ensure statutory reports are submitted to relevant tax authorities within deadlines.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, annual tax reports including but not limited to Value Added Tax (VAT), Foreign Contractor Tax (FCT), Corporate Income Tax (CIT)
- Manage monthly irregular Personal Income Tax (PIT) and provide tax declaration report for Human Resources Department.
- Liaise with relevant tax authority to oversee and prepare for and oversee tax audit management
Control and Compliance:
- Manage all account payable records
- Identify areas of improvement and make recommendations in payment process and system application to drive implementation and enhance internal control and services
- Ensure tax reports and supporting documents are complied with tax laws and regulations to ensure clean audits.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role focusing on account payable and tax accountancy within a medium or large sized multinational organization
- Demonstrated experience in using and applying accounting principles and standards, tax laws and regulations and internal control;
- Ability to work independently and within a team with a flexible approach to the work environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise completing demands.
- Commit to a high quality customer service approach within the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using Accounting software such as Sun system and/or standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 28,100,000 VND gross per month and open for further negotiation.
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Finance_Senior Accountant Payable and Tax_April 2018.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 25 April 2018
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend