Lecturer/ Associate Lecturer, Japanese (Hanoi)
Job no: 563584
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Humanities Arts, Education
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Languages and English
The School of Languages & English offers a Bachelor of Languages, a new program at RMIT, launching in October 2017 and offers a choice of two majors: Japanese, and Translating and Interpreting. The Bachelor of Language provides an overview of popular theory, issues and opportunities in language and related industries. Students can specialise in Japanese language or Translating and Interpreting or both. These are both high growth fields in Vietnam and industry in Vietnam has indicated HR shortages in both fields.
The Japanese stream of the Bachelor program takes students from beginner level, level 1 to an upper intermediate level of Japanese at level 6. The program culminates with 2 project based courses, Japanese Language and Society and Japanese Language in Context and then a work integrated learning course and internship.
The role & key responsibilities
The Associate Lecturer, Japanese will be required to teach Japanese language courses and assist in academic, administrative, coordination of tasks related to these courses.
The Lecturer, Japanese will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, within the School of Languages and English, specifically within undergraduate Programs. The successful candidate will also actively promote the Programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
Key selection criteria
- Master Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer) roles.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- At least five years of proven experience in the preparation and teaching of Japanese programs at undergraduate level, including online delivery
- Ability to engage effectively and confidently with students, colleagues, project team leaders, industry partners
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
JD_SLE - Associate Lecturer, Japanese.pdf
JD_SLE - Lecturer, Japanese.pdf
Information Pack - Foreign Candidates.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process. Work Permit requirements are subject to change. RMIT Vietnam reserves the right to rescind a job offer if the preferred candidate does not provide the required documents to obtain a Work Permit within a reasonable timeframe.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. The applications will be closed on April 23, 2018.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend