e-Learning Support Officer
Job no: 558705
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Information Technology, Education
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The e-Learning Support Officer is responsible for supporting the efficient and effective use of learning technologies in the University, both in HCMC and Hanoi. The key focus of this role is to ensure the effective utilisation and organisation of e-learning resources and systems and in addition, to assist and provide functional support to academic staff to help develop their technical skills and knowledge of e-learning systems and resources to enable them to implement the technology into their teaching.
- Provide functional support for student and staff users of the Online Learning Environment (OLE) and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Provide basic orientation for new academic staff on OLE/LMS.
- Resolve support queue issues within prescribed time frames and follow up on issues with users to ensure successful resolution.
- Liaise with IT Services, Student Record System Admin team, and IT Melbourne to investigate and resolve technical and access issues with the OLE. Escalate issues when necessary.
- Assist academics to use selected administrative and productivity software for purposes related to learning and teaching.
- Identify academic staffs’ needs for advanced-level functional and basic-level pedagogical training in the use of the Online Learning Environment in collaboration with other staff in Office of the VP-Academic, develop and deliver this training.
- Develop annual, semester, and term processes; maintain internal documentation for these. Recommend improvements to processes after each cycle.
- Execute all assigned administrative and content maintenance functions for RMIT's Online Learning Environment with a high level of accuracy, and within assigned timeframes.
Key selection criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Proven specialist functional expertise in the use of learning technologies and the ability to advise staff on how best to use and configure learning tools to achieve intended teaching purposes.
- Proven expertise in Learning Management System administration.
- Proven experience in the creation of print and online support documentation (for both internal and end users)
- Ability to analyse user needs, then plan, develop and deliver training sessions on using learning technologies.
- Ability to compile and analyse complex data using spread sheets (e.g., If, Concatenate, Vlookup & Autofilter functions in Excel)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to work within deadlines..
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to take the lead and encourage collaboration on tasks and minor projects.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 20,800,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
JD_L&T_e-Learning Support Officer_Oct 2017_PSV5.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 60), equivalent to IELTS (General) 5.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on Monday 23 October 2017.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend