Senior Legal Counsel
Job no: 558673
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Legal Services
The role of the Senior Legal Counsel is that of a generalist practitioner who will lead and control legal activities, provide advice and services to the management of the campus to ensure the effective implementation of university policies, compliance with external legislative requirements and support the effective operation of the university's primary activities and management processes
- Provide legal advice on matters, including but not limited to, investment, enterprise, education, tax, employment, commercial, OHS and intellectual property law.
- Outline and support the appropriate strategy and lead licence application activities
- Assess legal risks, propose solutions and approaches for legal issues; assist in structuring deals, transactions.
- Support and advise relevant stakeholders in matters relating to licensing, negotiation, inspection, law reform.
- Manage external lawyers, consultants and work closely with State authorities when dealing with legal issues pertaining to the University.
- Review transactions, contracts, agreements to provide risk assessment to the President and the Executive Director-Operation.
Key selection criteria
- LL.B. from a law school
- A current practice license from the Ministry of Justice
- A member of a local bar association
- At least 10 years of legal practice in general corporate/ commercial law and labour law
- Complete and thorough comprehension of the influences of the external environment for the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- Ability to provide legal support and training to a wide range of diverse audiences.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice integrating internal business requirements with external requirements.
- Outstanding communication skills
- If English is not your first language, or you have not completed secondary education in an English speaking institution in an English speaking country, then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5.
- If you are not sure your current level of English language proficiency, RMIT Vietnam will provide opportunities for you to undertake testing if you are shortlisted for the position.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive and competitive monthly gross salary
- Monthly gross meal and clothing allowances
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Legal_Senior Legal Counsel_2017 Oct_PSV9.pdf
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 4 November 2017
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend