Senior English Writer
Job no: 558102
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
The Senior English Writer is responsible for the management of publications for Marketing and Student Recruitment, including writing and editing content, and liaising with stakeholders. The position also has oversight of the University’s (English) website content including writing, editing, quality-checking, and ensuring the language and content aligns with RMIT’s strategic goals.
To be considered, you must demonstrate:
- Experience as a professional writer (journalism, public relations, marketing or advertising backgrounds would all be considered).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in writing, editing website content and publications.
- Demonstrated strong history of published work as well as experience/interest in the education sector.
- Strong proficiency in English, spoken and written.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with others, showing tact and diplomacy but with a commitment to meeting communication objectives on time and on strategy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
English and work permit requirements:
If English is not your first language, or you have not completed secondary education in an English speaking institution in an English speaking country, then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 83), equivalent to IELTS (General) 7.0. If you are not sure your current level of English language proficiency, RMIT Vietnam will provide opportunities for you to undertake testing if you are shortlisted for the position.
It is important that all non-Vietnamese applicants are aware of the strict immigration requirements for working in Vietnam. RMIT Vietnam will support preferred candidates to obtain a valid Work Permit. Please read this information relating to current requirements, prior to submitting an application: http://www.rmit.edu.vn/vietnamese-government-requirements. Please note that these requirements are subject to change.
What we offer:
RMIT Vietnam offers you an opportunity to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with talented, creative and committed colleagues. You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and a range of benefits and services comprising of:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Private medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave per annum
Please read the Job Description attached, to ensure you fulfill the Key Selection Criteria for the role.
MKT_Senior English Writer_2017 August_PS8.pdf
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend